As I sit here waiting for a client to arrive, I’m eavesdropping on a wealthy, influential couples conversation. They’re talking about sponsoring events, making large purchases and basically living the rich life. As a business person, I’m wondering whether there’s an opportunity for me to support their business and how I can politely introduce myself. Guess what? I don’t have a card or the guts to just say hello. As an entrepreneur, you have to have the courage to sale and you need to always be on so you don’t miss perfect opportunities. How can you nab new business?
Here’s how I USUALLY do it:
1. Be alert to those needing your service.
2. Listen (or in my case, eavesdrop) and provide suitable answers.
3. Offer to provide the solution
4. If they aren’t ready to invest and most times they aren’t, slip them your card, get theirs and follow up.
5. Close the deal. Now that would be ideal, right?
Though I wasn’t on this time, I’ll pack my bags with a few cards, maybe a marketing brochure and will keep my eyes and ears open. Be ready and get that sale!